Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Back to the Bright Side!







My sister saw my post about her email.  She sent me a lovely apology, which I have accepted.  She had thought she was being silly, as I am known to be.  I misinterpreted the meaning, & I appreciated her apology very much.

Now, back to optimism! I don’t like to spend too much time on negativity (if you’ve read my other blog, you totally get that).  I meet with my reconstructive surgeon, Dr. Morrissey, tomorrow.  Here’s his picture:
I’m nervous but excited.  I’m dying to find out how he’s going to fashion a new boob.  OK,boys, don’t read this part!  What I mean is, I’m dying to find out how they do a nipple.  Dr. Quiros said that when this guy is done, even he couldn’t tell which one was which.  That’s pretty good, because I’d truly miss “Ol’ Righty”.  I’ve read that there’s tattooing involved, which weirds me out a little.  But, “it’s always better to look good than to feel good, darling” (Billy Crystal as Fernando on SNL).  









My daughters, Aubrie & Elyse, will be coming with me.  I’m not going to allow them into the examination, though, cause that would be a little creepy.  However, we’re going out to lunch afterwards, & then will go shopping.  They’re going to help me pick out a new robe & slippers for the hospital & for themselves.  If possible, we’ll all three get the same one, because originality isn’t in the Kells family motto.  It’s going to be a “girls day out”. 
Although, whenever we venture out together, something always happens – usually pretty comical & sometimes, well, dumb.  When we get back, Matt usually goes through a list:

û       Did anyone get hurt?
û       Was there an accident?
û       Did you say or do something to the doctor/check out lady/insert  correct title here, that I should be aware of?
û       Did you knock anything(one)over?
û       Do I still have any money left?  (Of course, we fib.  Then, when he gets the bill, he bellows, “Lucy, you’ve got some ‘splainin to do).

On another note, have you SEEN the paperwork you have to fill out before a visit to a surgeon?  “Are you responsible for this bill – if not, who is?”  “If those who are responsible for this bill expire before bill is paid in full, I decree that my children, grand children, great grandchildren, their successor & heirs, will be held liable.”  “If my successors do not meet the obligations of this bill, you may take their first born child.”  “In the event that there are no successors or heirs, the debt collector may reach me in Heaven (or Hell, whatever the case may be) for complete payment in full”. 

In doctors’ defense, however (& this is not a political blog), if we had tort reform, we more than likely wouldn’t have to deal with this plethora o’ paperwork.  Just saying.

I’ll let you know how the meeting with Dr. Morrissey goes!  AND, I’ll tell you how he’s planning to make my new nipple.  Wish me luck!  And, while you’re at it, you might want to wish the same for the doctor & his staff.  Really.


Don't forget - "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"


No comments:

 
My guestbook