Monday, December 28, 2009

Surgery tomorrow

After six full days of pain & massive quantities of swelling, Dr. Morrissey is surgically reinserting the drain tube tomorrow.  There was so much fluid, it began to seep through my incision, which was weird - & scary.


In order to alleviate the problem, I had ultra sound guided, needle fluid aspiration today; but there was just way too much in there.  They couldn't get it all. Additionally, the area under my arm & around to my back couldn't be aspirated.  It seemed to be made up of mass, not fluid, which didn't bode well.


So, tomorrow morning I report to the ambulatory unit at St. Luke's at 6:00 am.  Honestly, why do they always have it so early or super late for me?  Why not an 8:00 or 9:00 report time?  Oh well, as long as I feel better, I'm at the point where I don't really care.  I'll walk in there in my jammies, slippers, tattered, yet extremely comfy & warm, robe with my body pillow under my arm, a teddy bear in one hand & a cup of coffee in the other. Well, except for the coffee part.  They frown on people eating or drinking after 12:00.  


Wish me luck!

No comments:

 
My guestbook