Wednesday, April 7, 2010


Today, both girls accompanied me to Dr. Morrissey’s office & then to my heart scan (MUGA – I know, what the heck does that stand for).  Dr. Morrissey said that my scar has healed nicely.  Finally!  No hint of infection, & he doesn’t need to see me again for 4-6 weeks.  No offense to Dr. Morrissey, but, boy, that sounds nice.  I invited him & his kids to my homeschool group’s field trip to the Iron Pigs.  We’ll see, but I doubt it.

Then, we stopped by to see Michele at the library.  She’s getting ready for a HUGE book sale, & was up to her eyeballs in books.  Don’t let her fool ya, though, she loves that type of stuff.

Finally, on to lunch at Applebee’s.  I don’t think I’ll go into that, other than to say, I shan’t be frequenting them again.  Especially when they’re building a brand new Sonic next door – WOO HOO!

All in all, it was a nice afternoon to spend with my girl kid-types.  They’re so beautiful, inside & out, & I’m very proud of them.

I’ll let you know as soon as I hear about the heart scan.  I don’t think there’ll be any problem, though.  Before I started chemo, I had one of those scans; the doctors all told me that I have an excellent heart.  Strong, like bull!


Well, just when you think you’ve seen it all. 

I told you that my mother in law, Gretchen, prays on those God Beads (called a Rosary to the rest of the world) like crazy.  Well, I shore ‘nuff wasn’t lying.  The beads, which I strung on a nice sturdy wire, broke.  While showing them off at my uncle’s house, they fell all over his deck & sent an entire group of adults to their hands & knees searching for them.   Gretchen reported that it looked like an adult Easter Egg hunt, as they wanted to be sure they retrieved them all.

When I heard about this (& without laying eyes on the God beads), I promptly diagnosed the problem.  I just knew it was where I connected the beads to the Hail Mary pendant in the middle.  Here, you can see what I’m talking about:
 As you can see, there’re three different connecting points where I attached the wire to the Hail Mary pendant.  I mean, really, what else could it be?

Well, I’ll TELL you what else it could be.  The woman prayed the heck out of those beads & broke the actual wire itself in half!  We’re talking a nice, sturdy wire here, folks, & she only had the God beads for a few days.  All I could think of was having to go back to the craft store & ask for help finding something that an 80 year old woman can’t pray to pieces – literally!  In all honesty, I think I’ll re-string them on waxed dental floss.  Let’s see if she can break those bad boys.

Oh, wait, Matt just told me that she broke another set last night.   I thought he was kidding.  He wasn’t.  Sigh.  The only thing I can think is that she prays so hard & so often, God is trying to send her a sign.  “I hear you; I hear you already!”

Wish me luck tomorrow re-doing those God beads, people.  And if you ever need someone to pray so hard, God gives up & gives in, give me a holler.  I’ll put in a good word to Gretchen.

No comments:

My guestbook