Monday, February 15, 2010

Promise to Update!

I'm sorry, I know I didn't post since surgery.  I'm working on that story & will post hopefully later tonight.


In the meantime, I attended a seminar given by the Cancer Society today.  It was for women, & our instructors taught us how to tackle (& hide) some of the problems chemo & radiation will cause.  I met some lovely ladies there - HI, pretty ladies!!  The women who worked it were volunteers, & they all had really neat tips. But mostly, bless their hearts for their time. 


Also, did you know that the Cancer Society will buy one wig per patient?  We're provided a list of participating salons, then make an appointment, & a certified cosmetician will help choose a wig for our face shape.  AMAZING!  They also provide breast prostheses.  Plus, they have volunteers in our areas that will take us to get our treatment!!  I'll get as much information about all that up this week for you.   I'm also going to try to get a widget that will let folks donate to the Cancer Society.  Who knew they did so many wonderful things for those of us dealing with this horrible disease?


The other thing that I learned, though, is that some women don't know about places to get eyebrows, cheapest places to buy wigs, etc.  I know I've written about it in this blog, but it's been a while.  I've also found inexpensive cashmere scarves, mastectomy bras & prostheses.  So, look for a change soon.  I'm going to try to have the links showing where to find them on the first page of the blog.  This way, you won't have to scroll through the blog to find the links.  Give me a little time to get that up, though!


OK, look for my post about the surgery later tonight!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Tam, you're an inspiration ...

Unknown said...

hey, look at that...I'm signed in as K8 and not me! now I know that K8 was using my computer! hahaha
xo Bethani

college board said...

Very interesting article. Well when there is so much a new. Many thanks, for the information

quality custom writing said...

I think some breast cancers are sensitive to hormones such as estrogen and progesterone, which makes it possible to treat them by blocking the effects of these hormones.

essay purchase said...

The site very much! Customers crowd into the Common good work! THANK YOU

Tamara Kells said...

Thank you all for your support! Alena, I hope you're doing well. We need to spotlight all cancers; not just breast cancer.

 
My guestbook